About Me...

From dieting to decanting wine...wedding planning to whipping up new recipes in the kitchen...come sit a spell with me!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just a lil grumpy...

Welp...it's Thursday evening.  That means I have made it 4 WHOLE ENTIRE days without carbohydrates, sugars, fruits, alcohol or dairy (minus cheese).  WOW.  I did not think this was possible.  Each day is getting a little easier and a little easier!  Let's explore a few pros and cons:

PROS: 
- I am eating far fewer calories than normal
- I don't crave sweets after every meal
- I feel more satisfied after each meal since I'm having snacks inbetween
- I found a dessert that is okay for this detox.  (yea, I said it.....desssssertttt)  Recipe below:

"Chocolate Cheesecake Wannabe" (is what I'm calling it)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp (or more in my case) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet of sugar substitute (choose whatever carcinogen filled sugar sub)
- dash of cinnamon (optional but tasty) 

Okay, this sound weird but it seriously tastes like chocolate cheesecake- minus all the horrible carbs/sugar/calories!  Put in the fridge and get it super cold. ENJOY!!! 
Well, after a few days of no carbs or sugar- one would think there are a few side effects.  Here are my cons:

CONS:
- I STILL want bread, or sugar or chocolate or whatever the hell your crack is
- lack of energy.  We all know carbs give you energy..and I'm trying to substitute in as many ways as possible. 
- Grumpiness....bitchiness...just being a little snippier in general (or so my coworkers, fiance, and dog say) I mayyyy be just a wee bit quick to get a little bit of angry these days.  But SHEESH I'M HUNGRY OKAY?! =) {humorous sarcasm}


I've actually started trying this new "all natural" energy supplement, FRS.  It's actually pretty cool- you can get a free trial if you go on www.frs.com and just pay shipping and handling.  I really like these energy powders
 This is the 'diet orange' flavor.  Each little packet looks like a 'Crystal Light' packet.  It has ZERO sugar, ZERO carbs, and only 5 calories!  You dissolve it in 8-12oz. of cold water.  It seriously tastes like yummy, pulp-free orange juice.  (I mean, who likes the pulp - serioulsy?) 

Here is what FRS has to say about their 'healthy energy':
"At the core of the patented FRS formula is an antioxidant called Quercetin. Not only does Quercetin support the immune system like other antioxidants, but it’s clinically proven to boost energy. When taken regularly people report increased and sustained energy without the jitteriness of caffeine or other stimulants. Quercetin energy feels different than stimulant energy because Quercetin energy works in a completely different way."- (www.frs.com)

Sounds pretty cool, huh?  In my free shipment I got the healthy energy diet orange powder, 2 flavors of these cool chews, and 2 bottled energy drinks.  I think everything is pretty tasty- just have to look out for the sugar content in the pre-packaged drinks!

Well anywhoo....I think I am well on my way to completing the 7 days of this cleanse {I mean, SB diet phase 1} After these 7 days, I'd like to evaluate my results and maybe try another 7 days? ONly problem....Cinco de Mayo is coming up. =)  We will see....

Until next time..........



No comments:

Post a Comment