About Me...

From dieting to decanting wine...wedding planning to whipping up new recipes in the kitchen...come sit a spell with me!

Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Before 30 Project

We've all heard the term, "mid-life crisis" or now a days "quarter life crisis."  While I feel like I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of a quarter life crisis, I feel like it's time to take charge and set some goals in my life.

After marrying the love of my life this September (see below for awesome pic) , I feel like we have the world at our fingertips.  We are done with the wedding planning....the honeymoon is over...and after all the dust has settled...we're kind of looking at each other saying, "now what?"  We're not quite ready for babies, and it's not time to buy a home just yet.  So...what do to?  With Jay being 28 and me turning 27 in July, I think it's the perfect time to start the "30 before 30 project."
Photo courtesy of Sarah Esther Photography
I was inspired by two things to start my project.  This past January, I made a '2011 Bucket List' for myself.  I made 12 things that I could do (with or without Jay) one for each month of 2011.  All were pretty attainable, but I didn't quite complete my list just yet.  A few highlights of my completions are:  running my first 10K, running the Peachtree Road Race, planting an herb garden (although it may or may not be living still), Get Married, tour a few wineries in North Georgia....ok, that's all I can remember.  :)  I have decided to expand the list and carry over a few items that didn't quite get completed.  I've gotten a bit ambitious and created a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.  I've got 3.5 years to get all of this done, and I'm looking at this project like an exciting challenge.  I am looking forward to tackling each and every one of these things with my husband. Here we go.....

30 BEFORE 30:


30 before 30...
1.  Run a half marathon
2.  Complete p90x (preferably with my husband)
3.  Marvel at the Eiffel Tower in Paris
4.  Take a professional cooking class
5.  Make pasta from scratch- just like in Italy
6.  Take a gondala ride in Venice, Italy
7.  Eat and drink authentic Italian food IN  Italy- pizza, pasta, vino....amore!
8.  Sip mai tais in Hawaii- and visit a volcano while we're there
9.  Become completely debt free (well...with the exception of those pesky student loans)
10.  Purchase our first home
11.  Go skiing in Colorado or Utah....or just sip hot chocolate in a fabulous mountain ski resort out west :)
12.  Live it up in LAS VEGAS....for play not for work
13.  Show Jason New York city and all it has to offer
14.  See a live fashion show in Bryant Park
15  Plant a garden- and make it live more than 3 weeks....
16.  Spend one Christmas or New Year's holiday someplace tropical
17.  Own 1 piece of Louis Vuitton
18.  Host a Thanksgiving dinner with both sides of my family present (complete with amazing servingware and pretty centerpieces)
19.  Visit the Grand Canyon
20.  Go para-sailing someplace tropical
21.  Visit the Louvre
22.  See the Hollywood Sign in person :)
23.  Find a career that I am truly passionate about (they say LOVE what you do and it won't feel like work)
24.  Finally buy a really really expensive camera- and learn to use it correctly
25.  Visit the Colleseum in Rome, Italy
26.  Go to 'The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party' aka- the UGA v. UF football game in Jacksonville.
27.
28.
29.
30.

As you see...I've left a few spaces blank.  I'd like to be able to add or edit this list along the way.  I can't wait to keep you all updated and post photos and awesome stories from crossing things off of this list!

Life's too short to not spend it doing things you love....so...

Cheers to the 30 Before 30 Project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment