About Me...

From dieting to decanting wine...wedding planning to whipping up new recipes in the kitchen...come sit a spell with me!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I still want bread......

Well, thanks for coming back!  I officially made it ONE WHOLE DAY WITHOUT CARBS OR SUGAR OR FRUIT OR ALCOHOL OR ......well, you get the picture!  =)  I must say...it was quite the feat!  I went to bed quite proud of myself- but hungry and wanting just a huge chunk of bread....

Curious what was on the menu yesterday.....here's a snapshot:

Breakfast:  Egg beaters + turkey bacon....kind boring but not wreched
Snack: pistachios.....eh
Lunch:  turkey roll-ups in bibb lettuce with avacado and tomato with my new favorite salad.....get ready...here it is....

Giada's Pecorino and Edamame Salad...so amazing!!! Here's how you make it: 
- 2 cups of shelled edamame beans (totally buy the frozen ones...much easier!)
- 1 can of canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- crumbles of pecorino romano cheese (my favvvvvvveee)
- thyme/parsely/rosemary- whatever dried herbs you like
- 1 garlic clove minced
- lemon juice, EVOO, Salt & Pepper

SO DELICIOUS!!  And totally acceptable during phase 1 of my 'cleanse' =)  If you have yet to try this recipe, DO IT.  Seriously...what are you waiting for? 

And last but not least, dinner consisted of another one of my favorite recipes from Ina Garten (from The Food Network, Barefoot Contessa)
Asian Grilled Salmon:  here you go, here's the recipe:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/asian-grilled-salmon-recipe/index.html#

I'd say after all of that....plus a few spoonfuls of extra crunchy peanut butter...that was a great day!  I managaed to drag myself to aerobics last night, as well.  So, a great Monday for {the future} Mrs. Smith

p.s.-- I got an awesome deal from  FRS, the all natural 'healthy energy' drinks/supplements/chews etc.  Check out their website:  http://www.frs.com/ and they even give away free samples of their product.  All you have to pay is shipping & handling! 

Well...that is all for now!  Time to get back to work.  Thanks again for stopping by...hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment