About Me...

From dieting to decanting wine...wedding planning to whipping up new recipes in the kitchen...come sit a spell with me!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello world....

Welcome to my blog!  I never thought I'd be the kind of belle to write a blog....but here we are!  Before I start ranting- we should get to know eachother a little better. 

I am a true Georgia Peach.  Born and raised in the fabulous state of Georgia.  Yes, 'Georiga on my Mind' does kind of ring in my head while I type this sentence.  I come from a pretty normal family...one brother, a poodle, mom and dad divorced, grew up in a small town...wait, now the lyrics 'Just a small town girl' is ringing through my head....anywho.  I'm now living in Atlanta with my fiance, raising our little furry child (i mean poodle, Marley), planning our wedding, and trying to live a happy healthy life. 

I originally started this blog because today is DAY 1 of my "I need to get heatlhy and detox and get in shape for the wedding diet" Actually...it's just called the South Beach Diet.  I am never one to like diets. They don't work.  I'm more of the school that hard work (in the form of exercising) and eating right should do the trick.  It's not rocket science, afterall......  But since I am getting married in September, and I cant' seem to get away from sugar and carbs in my life...I am starting Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet.  Now....if you don't know me, I'm a huge foodie!  I love to cook, I love to share recipes, and I love to eat! (now, I'm not some 500 lb chick behind a cpu either....I just love to cook!) SO I thought I'd share my thoughts throughout the next 7 days of this detox and see how things work out. 

Here's how this will work:  7 days- no carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no alcohol, and no fruit.  I hope to share my thoughts, recipes, food plans etc. 

Currently--it's mid-morning.  I've already had my carb-free breakfast of egg beaters, turkey bacon, and coffee.  I think it's time for a snack.  Pistachios are on the menu today. 

I think that's all for now....time to get some work done!  Until next time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment