About Me...

From dieting to decanting wine...wedding planning to whipping up new recipes in the kitchen...come sit a spell with me!

Monday, December 12, 2011

The era of the mustache....

Well it's definitely time for a blog update.  It's been almost two weeks exactly since my last blog post.  Two weeks ago tomorrow I found out that I lost my job.  (yes that stunk- you can read my last blog post to hear more sappy sentences about that)

Today I started my new job!  Yes...a new job!  The stars aligned JUST perfectly for this job to come my way. With the help of a few great people (you know who you are) and the cosmic powers just right....I landed a job this past week!  I think you could say that was record timing.  Unemployed on Tuesday...interview on Friday..job offer on Tuesday.  :)  Wow...I'm pretty lucky.

For those of you wondering about the title of this blog post, that was my first hint about my new job.  My second hint...you probably have this app on your smartphone.  My third hint...you've probably used this app to help you plan your weekend dining out plans or shopping trips.  Like 50% off...?  Yea, me too!  If you haven't guessed already (or if you live in a city that doesn't YET have this awesome app) I am now working for Scoutmob.  Scoutmob is quite simply the most awesome thing ever.  Check out the website, get the free app, and start cashing in the awesomeness.  Scoutmob features a different local business {mostly restaurants and boutiques} each day on their website and dedicated email blast to each city.  Not only do you get a great story about the history and the culture of this local business...but the business in return offers YOU a 50% off discount for their goods or services.  No upfront costs...no coupons to buy...no strings.  It's a great excuse to try new local restaurants and boutiques.  Jay and I have been planning our evenings around Scoutmob deals for a while now.  The age old conversation, "Where do you want to go eat?"  has been squashed.  Now it's, "What places around us are on Scoutmob?"  Check it out.  Download the free app.  It's awesome.
Scoutmob- check them out here
Anywhoo...enough about that.  I am happy to no longer have to report to the unemployment office {as pleasant as that was} and I am so grateful for the unconditional support and love from my husband, my family, and my friends.  I could not have gotten through this rough patch without you all.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support, your kind words, and your networking help.  I certainly appreciate all of it.  
With the new job underway...I'm getting excited about Christmas and the time we'll get to spend with our families and friends this year.  Our first married Christmas....I have taken to some holiday baking and have tested out some awesome new recipes.  Next few blog posts will be about my baking experiments... =)   Drooling yet... hello, cranberry chocolate chunk cookies....
Recipe Courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis- Giada at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment